How to deal with anxiety disorder?
- Jul 03, 2017
Anxiety can be defined as a disorder that is associated with apprehension, fear, nervousness and worry. It is considered normal if a person experiences anxiety just before facing something challenging such as an examination, test or interview. However it can lead to serious complications if left untreated when it interferes with a person’s day to day life or sleep patterns.
Some of the tips to be followed to get rid of anxiety are
1. Deep Breathing – Whenever an anxiety attack strikes, start breathing deeply and resist the urge to follow unwanted thoughts. Continue the process until your mind settles on the breath.
2. Meditate – Begin your day by meditating for ten minutes. This makes you to feel relaxed and you can start facing the challenges of day to day life with a positive frame of mind.
3. Self-Care – Head out for a massage or hair cut which can boost your self-confidence when you are stressed out.
4. Finance -Plan your finances in advance and only spend on essential goods as financial stress is the leading cause of anxiety.
5. Plan a Trip – Spending a day out in nature can energize you and give the much needed break from the humdrum of daily routine.
6. Sleep early – Sleep deprivation is one of the leading causes of anxiety according to research. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night and sleep early for optimum health.
7. Use Lavender oil – If you are suffering from anxiety, adding a few drops of lavender oil to your bath water can calm you down. It is also found to induce sleep if you put a few drops of the oil onto a tissue and place it under your pillow.
8. Practice Gratitude – Count your blessings and concentrate on all the positive things in your life.
This can ward off feelings of anxiety
9. Attend a social gathering – Take some time out to socialize. It has been found that mingling with others reduces feelings of anxiety.
10. Exercise – Exercise regularly because research has shown that exercise releases endorphin's, that help you to sleep well at night.
11. Eat well – A good meal comprising of fresh vegetables and fruits can reduce anxiety levels to a greater extent compared to alcohol or drugs.