- Jul 03, 2017
Obesity or Weight gain is a common occurrence these days and it can be attributed to numerous factors like sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, bad food choices etc. Unhealthy weight gain can in turn lead to diseases such as diabetes, heart problems etc. While everyone knows that good diet choices and regular exercise can aid in weight loss; it is also observed that certain natural remedies can actually help in reducing weight. Some of them are mentioned below
- Protein Consumption – It is observed that a high protein diet can provide the much needed metabolism boost and reduce cravings thereby resulting in weight loss.
- Lemon and Honey – Having a glass of warm water with honey, a pinch of black pepper and lemon juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach can help you reduce oodles of weight as it boosts the metabolism.
- Cinnamon Tea – Recent research has shown that regular consumption of Cinnamon can help in stabilising blood sugar levels which reduces the storage of fat in the body and this leads to weight loss when consumed in the form of tea twice a day.
- Tomato – Having two tomatoes daily for breakfast has been found to be quite effective in weight loss as they have a very low glycemic index which ensures that the body does not release insulin,which increases fat storage.
- Papaya – Papaya when consumed regularly is found to be effective in weight loss. It contains papain,a digestive enzyme which improves your metabolism and helps burn those extra fats
- Water – Staying hydrated can help in burning the extra fats by flushing out the toxins which can eventually lead to weight loss. Drinking a minimum of 8 cups of water throughout the day also curbs the appetite which is beneficial for weight loss.
- Bottle Gourd Juice – The vegetable bottle gourd is rich in fibre and has high water content. The juice of this vegetable reduces the appetite and assists in weight loss.
- Apples – Apple has long been hailed as a fruit which is loaded with nutrients that promote good health. The fruit is also quite beneficial for weight watchers as they contain non digestible compounds that promote the growth of good bacteria associated with weight loss in your gut.
- 9. Dark Chocolate – Studies have shown that consumption of dark chocolate that contains around 70% cocoa is quite helpful for weight watchers. It can slow down the absorption of sugar into bloodstream and prevent insulin spikes leading to weight loss.
- 10. Cabbage – A bowl of cabbage everyday can help in losing the unwanted pounds and is an effective method for weight loss.Cabbage is low in calories and has high fiber content.As a result it makes you feel full even with lesser quantities.
- May 05, 2017
Is every chest pain associated with heart attack? Chest pain could be a minor or temporary one as well. Even heartburn causes chest pain, then how do you tell the difference?
Many of you might have come across these questions. Here’s your answer to all your doubts on heart attack.
What is heart attack?
When there is a loss of blood supply to a part of the heart muscle, heart attack occurs. That is when the flow of fresh blood, and thus oxygen, is cut off from your heart. If this blood flow isn’t restored quickly, the heart muscle begin to die.
Difference between heart attack and heartburn:
Although, both causes severe chest pain, which will eventually radiate towards the jaw or arm, there are few ways to differentiate between them. Heart burn usually starts with chronic chest pain along with a sour or bitter taste in the mouth and a burning sensation in the back of the throat. On the other hand, heart attack is usually chest pain accompanied by shortness of breath, sweating and/or dizziness.
Typical heart attack signs and symptoms include:
- Pressure, tightness, pain, or a squeezing or aching sensation in your chest or arms that may spread to your neck, jaw or back
- Nausea, indigestion, heartburn or abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
- Lightheadedness or sudden dizziness
- Upper body discomfort.
- Shortness of breath
If you think you are having a heart attack, chewing an aspirin might help. Aspirin helps in preventing blood clots by inhibiting platelets. And call for emergency medical care immediately. Acting fast can save your life. If acted promptly, the damage to heart can be minimized.
- Feb 14, 2017